Monday 7 May 2012

Summer Project 1

As I have now finished Uni for the year, I have some free time (before I get busy researching to start my final collection for my graduate show this time next year) to get a few things made.

One of them is a costume for my brother to wear in the Anime Convention on the 25th May (or around that time, depending on the weekend).

So I have started toiling the top - just the front and the back - in ramie as I had some scraps leftover. On Wednesday after my appointment at Uni, I'll see if I can find some cheap cotton to do another toiling, as I am planning on making the item on a bias, to get that stretchiness so that it is easier for my brother to put on and take off. But it's not finalised.

What I need to do now is make the sleeves from scratch and start making the trousers. Once that's sorted, I can go ahead and plan all the trimmings.

A trip to Shepherds Bush on Wednesday will help me understand exactly what trimmings I need and how much as expenses are very important here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment