Saturday 2 July 2011

From Sari to Anarkali

During the summer, I've embarked on a small project, where I was using the sari material and converted it into a dress.

The sari is of chiffon material. Most of the material is green with a section that is plain orange with white diamond print. This I cut off and used as sleeves. The material also had a gold border, so I made sure that, that becomes the border of the sleeves and the dress. Because of this, I didn't have to worry about hemming the edge of the sleeves and the dress, cutting the work a little bit. With the green part of the material, I split it into - one for the front, the other for the back - and did an inch pleat. This starts from the shoulders going down to underneath the bust line allowing the material to flow naturally. The neckline is a simple round boat.

Still thinking of adding beads at the shoulder seam but not sure yet.




Neckline detail - Boat

Pleat detailing starting from shoulder, finishing underneath
the bust line

Contrasting colours of dress and sleeves

In built border

Natural flow of the dress from pleats
downwards

No comments:

Post a Comment